This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Prereqs and loose ends from Sep/2012 Seminar

Started by Josh Schmitter, September 8, 2012 · 7 Replies · 96 Views

Josh Schmitter

Good tidings all. Let me preface this by saying I already yearn for the next Seminar with barely contained desirous rage. Had a great time with all.

Anyways...been going through notes/reading up on all the stuff here this week and trying to get something together to start up this coming Monday. One thing that's bothering me now is the static prereqs that are in the main forum for 3x60s. We talked about Hollow/FL progressions, as well as Plank/PL progressions at the Seminar, but where do arch, dead hang, PB support, and Rev. Plank fit in? I just read(or what I got from it) from Blairbob further down in here about moving to PB support only after straight arm/feet elevated Plank hold are golden. I imagine dead hang can be paired with Rope Climb, Arch with Side Lever, PB Support and Rev. Plank can both go with Manna. PB support maybe more with Hollow Back...ah i don't know.

So, basically, do I keep doing all 6 prereqs as my superset, now working to 5x60 for all of them? Should some be omitted, until others are mastered, or...should I only work Prereqs to coincide with their(potentially, if I'm correct) related FBE.

Example:

Mon/Thur=PL/FL/HB/RC, so I would do prereqs Plank, Hollow, PB Support, Dead Hang

Tues/Fri =MN/SL/SLS, go with Rev. Plank, Arch

And yes, I know I over-think things, but it just seemed like a big gap enough gap to warrant a thread. As always, feel free to point me to the post I missed where all my questions are already answered and delete this post :).

P.S. Have you seen Yuri's meathook?

Scott Malin

Follow the template from the seminar. Back lever and the handstand prep elements have been moved to the other volumes so that the focus can be entirely on Front Lever, Planche, Manna, Side Lever, SLS, and RC. The other elements such as HS can be added into the schedule, but overall the emphasis is building a solid foundation.

Cole Dano

You're not over-thinking, the programing you learned at is the current state of the art and what is on the public forum has needed to be a bit behind as Coach works on the Second Edition. It's only natural there be some adjustment from what you were doing and thinking before to the new much more refined for beginners (i.e. most of us) progressions and programing.

As Cory said, follow what is coming out of the seminars now that you have access to that information.

Nic Branson

Thinking is good! Ask the questions, always. Everything should be covered by handouts and notes. If you see a hole you're not sure about after looking again here let us know.

Josh Schmitter

Thanks all, for taking the time. I believe the 2nd edition on the horizon(i.e. not yet in grasp) as well as only having notes from 1 seminar is my limiting factor here. Will adjust w/ the info I have.

As an aside, are the mobility exercises for RC/HB available anywhere or are we just holding out until the 2nd edition for that(as we didn't go over them at the last seminar)? Also applies to Side Lever, progressions and mobility both.

Blairbob

Hmm, prerequisite FSP is just super basic warmup stuff. If you can't do them, well then you probably need to spend some time on them. I'm sure some people out there can barely hold a PB support and need to work on a straight arm plank support.

When I would do the pre FSP WU, I would just do a pull and push and move through them. While I had 3-4 hours to train, seriously at some point you need to get on the events and not spend over an hour on basic stuff. 4 hours maybe but not when you only have 3+.

Many of the bulk of fitness enthusiasts do not have over 2 hours to train per day or session.

Cole Dano

Also keep in mind that's the reason the Graduate Studies sub-forum is here. If you aren't clear on something from the seminar you can ask it here and hopefully someone else will know and reply.

This part of the forum needs to see more action IMO.

Nic Branson
Cole Dano said:
Also keep in mind that's the reason the Graduate Studies sub-forum is here. If you aren't clear on something from the seminar you can ask it here and hopefully someone else will know and reply.

This part of the forum needs to see more action IMO.

With the upcoming changes and all I think it will see a marked increase in traffic.