Hey guys, so my form with XR Rings is pretty bad. I thought it was good, but then I learned that my grip was wrong (forearms touching rings) and that I needed to be hollow.
So i'm backtracking to achieve a proper 60s ring support with no contact between forearms and rings. I think the last time I tested my max i could hold 25-30s with good form and minimal shaking. After that my form degrades pretty rapidly.
Anyway, my question is about Dips and what progression I should work on in the meantime. Should I back off of Ring Dips until I have a really good ring support? I don't have the BtGB book with me at the moment, but i'm pretty sure Coach says that without a proper ring support that further work in ring dips is just going to spin wheels. I would back off on dips back to parallel bars, but i don't have proper parallel bars. I only have chairs/benches with dumbbell grips. This works, but I can't get full range of motion without tucking my legs.
I've performed rings with a proper grip support, and I don't feel stable enough to actually work it with a good range of motion. So i feel like my options (while I build a proper ring support) are to either continue with ring dips less than proper grip (forearms touching) or just back up further to PB dips.
Any thoughts? My apologies if this a little rambling.
EDIT: this topic might be better suited to the ring strength forum.