This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120907

Started by Coach Sommer, September 7, 2012 · 5 Replies · 1,304 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes

8 ) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

9) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

10) You may increase the intensity of the HS Wall Runs by lifting a straight arm up to the hips during each step rather than merely touching the shoulder.

Paulo

Did a mild leg workout day before yesterday (something close to what was posted here). Yesterday, I was at the gymnastic Gym for 3 hours. :D I practiced kipping maneuvers on rings, ironed out my shoulder stand, and did ring swings for the first time. Later on, we had fun and setup a Handstand obstacle course :wink:

Sven Ravnstag

I decided to get cute today and invert my normal work/rest ratios, doing 14 sets of 45sec work alternating with 30sec rest. The gymboss kept me honest and committed to completing it at this tempo. I think I had an out of body experience, but I managed it.

I might do 45work/45rest next time; this really pushed my limits.

ajgregory

First ever WOD attempt. It appears I have no shoulder strength endurance...

FSP's: 3x20s (F.Plank, R.Plank, Arch hold, Support); 4x15s (Hollow hold); 2x45s (Hang)

30s between 'sets'

60s between exercises

1x8 Cast wall walks

1x5 Pike HeS Press

1x10 Straddle HeS Press

HS Wall Run: 5 mins work/18mins total

2x10 wall wrist pushups

- Should have done 2x5 cast wall walks

- Had no idea how to pace wall runs and got it a bit wrong. Started off with 45s sets- too taxing. Dropped down to 30s but already v.fatigued. Stopped at 5mins for safety. 10 mins would need to be spread over about 40mins... Should probably scale down to static wall HS next time. Fun though.

Sven Ravnstag

Nice on the CWW. I typically don't get more than 7 of these at a time, up from five.

For the wall-runs, when I started doing them (not that long ago) I did 30sec work alternated with 45sec rest. I found this tough but manageable. 45sec work is a killer to someone who hasn't spent enough of their life inverted (myself included).

Paulo
2 hour rock climb

you do 2 hour rock climbing after a Gymnastic WOD?! Nuts

Hadnt worked out since thursday's gymnastic visit. Decided to quickly get this one in.

Perform:

60 total sec Manna - MSH low hold on PBars

5 total minutes Jump Rope then:

2x5 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HeS

6 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

*Now i understand the brutality of HS Wall Runs. The last minute split up into 2X30 sec almost made me faint :( and my legs buckle