Gymnastics in the 1936 olympics

Started by Razz, November 19, 2008 · 6 Replies · 2,696 Views

Razz

Found this video on youtube and thought i would share it, quite interesting i think :)

IvanPS

I think the guy at 2:25 is Leon Stukelj from my country.

And maybe also the gymnast at 6:10 is him but I'm not sure. Here is a nice video about him.

http://www.ighof.com/videos/stukelj_video.html

Quite cool, even at the age of 99 he daily exercised on his rings.

Razz

wow damn that guy must be my new idol! 99 doing rings workout :shock:

rambo5501

There was a part of the video, the guy doing the rings, that part most have been .5x-.7x slower. I mean everything was slow. It did make it look like he was stronger though.

I liked the vid though.

Nic Scheelings

That was really interesting to watch. I really liked how there was some different elements that we don't see today. Like the one handed handstand. My only criticism of the gymnastics today is that all the routines are too much alike, it would be fun to see someone incorporate things that noone else does.

sasquatch

That was interesting. It looked totally different than what gymnasts do now, they didn't even have padded floors. :shock:

The guy had bent arms in all his press handstands too.

Razz

Yeah i really liked aswell it because it was so different the moves they made..One handed handstand on the parallel bars was my favorite :D