Been doing muscle ups latey, been progressing, but it seems i might shoot forward to far at th top portion. Will more practice help correct this?
6a-7QkxdL6U
Started by Ian Legrow, September 6, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,421 Views
Been doing muscle ups latey, been progressing, but it seems i might shoot forward to far at th top portion. Will more practice help correct this?
6a-7QkxdL6U
Emphasize your negative when you come down. You need to strengthen the transition in order to slow the movement down and quiet your body. Looking good though, nice progress.
What Nic said, the negative is crucial
Also, try to keep the elbows in on the negative
Ok thank you guys! i will keep that in mind!
Hi Ian,
I couldn't see the video, so I'm not sure how much this will help you at your level of strength, but thought I would weigh in because after a few months or so of stagnation I have finally started to improve again.
I too have been focusing on the eccentric portion of the muscle up, but going as wide as possible instead. I know Coach frequently states its acceptable to do a slightly more difficult body position in the eccentric, i.e during back pulls, doing a straddle descent and a tuck ascent. After a month or so I've found I'm able to extend out past 45-50 degrees in support before bending the elbows and transitioning down with hands well outside the shoulders. I got the idea watching John Sapinoso's muscle ups, like in this video here:
iCH0w7BYJVg
Obviously John is very advanced, and this will take time to develop. But attempting to emulate what he does as best i can has helped me a lot, and I'd say my recent acquisition of the wide grip MU is down to performing muscle ups like this!
Just my 2 cents,
Chris.