Warm-Up for FSP

Started by Martin Majer, September 6, 2012 · 5 Replies · 2,783 Views

Martin Majer

Hi, I decided to do FSP in the morning session and HS + FBE in the evening. My FSP will be just circuit of L-Sit, Front Lever, Back Lever and I'll add Planche work later.

My warm-up for the evening session looks like this:

1) few minutes of jumping rope

2) Wrist Pushups (from knees) and Elbow/Wrist Prehab Routine

3) Floreio Workout Number 1 - Beginner (Scaled down on the bridge work)

4) Prereqs

Should I do the same warm-up for FSP or would be few minutes of jumping rope + some dynamic stretching enough?

FREDERIC DUPONT

Isn't the recommended warm up the 6 prerequisites for one minute?

Nic Branson

Warm ups can end up being a bit individual. I personally suggest using the easier variations of what you are actually working on as part of your warm up. It will wake up your nervous system and also get you engaged in thinking about what you are about to be doing. I would do those after the jump rope and dynamic mobility.

Martin Majer

Well, I am just starting and I am doing everything in tuck position (except L-sit), so there is no easier variation right now. Shouldn't I do some Ido's warm-up and for shoulders or is jumping rope enough? I am probably overthinking this, but I'd rather do ask and do everything right, instead of risking injury or something else, which would hinder my progress.

Nic Branson

You should be warming up the joints and muscles involved yes. If Ido's warm up works for you and you prefer it then go for it.

Martin Majer

Ok, thanks.