Picture of me at 205ish

Started by Nic Branson, September 6, 2012 · 13 Replies · 3,112 Views

Nic Branson

For those that asked at the seminar and couldn't believe it. Here is a pic from that time.

Daniel Burnham

Are you sure that's you?

Nic Branson

lol, the tattoo's give it away.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Fot those not at the seminar, we'll need a more recent picture to get an idea of what the fuss is all about Nic... ;):D

Nic Branson

Not the best but quickest I could find this morning here.

Eric Xavier

Impressive metamorphosis! Love seeing these types of changes to ones life.

Nic Branson

Was completely unplanned and at the time unwanted actually. Sometimes life takes you a direction, this time for me it was the right one. Things are looking good on this path.

FREDERIC DUPONT

Thanks Nic; impressive change indeed :)

Erich Lin

nic ,

how did you lose that weight? Did you strictly follow the WOD's here? Did you add in extra metcon (crossfit style), tabatha sprints, HIIT ? Nutrition? A combination of all of those?

I'm trying to help a friend lose weight and program something in. I think nutrition is the biggest factor but sometimes you can't really change what someone eats :P

Erich

Nic Branson

You really don't want to know. I sat my ass on the couch a lot and worked on unpacking boxes for our house. I was working to be that big. I took in 5000-6000 calories a day and trained my ass off to keep the mass on for competing.

It's not a weight loss story of me trying. I did NOT want to lose it at the time.

Robert Rowland

Nice to see the miniclubbells there. I use them to warmup.

Erich Lin

i see. so you naturally hvae a high metabolism? and to lose it , you just started doing the WODs here and there you go?

Nic Branson

Mini clubs are awesome for warm ups. My heavier ones are out of sight. Mace in the basement.

Eric, I did not workout at all when I lost it. No training. Barely even going for a walk. Just house stuff. My metabolism works pretty well. You have to keep in mind I was packing around more muscle than my frame wanted to handle. When I say I say on my ass I mean it. By not force feeding myself and NOT training I lost it.

Erich Lin

I believe you Nic :) I'm the same... except it is very hard for me to pack on weight. I once ate 6 doublecheeseburgers from McDonald's a day (I weighed 132 lbs at 5'6") and just sat around for a month. barely any movement. i lost 3 lbs LOL

The only way for me to gain weight is to do strength training :(