I was looking at the Rogue fitness website and was eyeing the cannonball grips, and the pullup globe. They peeked my interest in developing more grip strength and then I came across the dog bone pullup bar they have.
The hand position looks like it would be a great addition to false grip rows (I cannot do good form false grip pullups in volume yet, my wrist slips after three reps). I was thinking of supplementing my false grip rows with dog bone pullup bar pullups (as high as I can go) in order to strengthen the false grip position. Is this a bad idea? Unecessary? Inefficient? Or would it have good carryover effects to my false grip?
I enjoy trying new types of exercises so the idea of doing pullups with taxing hand positions did appeal to me in the first place. But if it will detract or detriment my current strength work, I should avoid it.
Any thoughts?