Is this routine gonna work?

Started by tcorgat, September 5, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,798 Views

tcorgat

Asking mainly about the fundamental static positions, I'm also doing FBE's btw.

4 days a week - Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri.

Mon & Thu:

L-sit or straddle L & Planche

Tue & Fri:

Back Lever & Front Lever

For example planches are known to hit the lats quite a bit, so is it going to be a problem doing the Front and back levers the day after good planche workout?

Blairbob

No, all 3 FSP can be done in the same day back to back. It will depend on the individuals ability to recover which is a combination of a lot of factors.

Most of my little guys would do all of that per workout but they also alternated day on, day off instead of back to back days.

tcorgat
Blairbob said:
No, all 3 FSP can be done in the same day back to back. It will depend on the individuals ability to recover which is a combination of a lot of factors.

Most of my little guys would do all of that per workout but they also alternated day on, day off instead of back to back days.

The thing is that I do the pushing exercises at home, but since I don't own rings or pullup bar, and my local gym has the pullup bar set to close to the wall, for the pulling exercises I have to go to this park where there is a high (horizontal) bar, but I don't feel comfortable doing planche or pushups on the sandy/rocky/grassy ground. That's why I must split them and not incorporate them all in a single workout.

So it's either this routine or alternating them every other day (so 3 times a week), or alternating them every single day except sunday (so 6 times a week).

Blairbob

Hmm, do what you can at the gym and the rest at home.