Hello! A couple of years ago I decided I wanted to learn doing freestanding HeSPU's (and later also HSPU's of course). So I started training towards it as good as I could. The problem, however, is that I had no knowledge of this matter back then. I have tried and failed in several ways, for example when I discovered that my wide-grip HeSPU's were of little use freestanding (and I then had to start all over again with shoulder-width grip). It has been around three years now, and I'm currently at the level where I can do about a single rep against the wall without arching my back and with my elbows pointing forwards. I believe this is the correct technique, but I'm not completely sure as I have never had anybody to show me properly. I also have a quite low ceiling at my bedroom (about my height when I stretch out my body) and have managed to first support myself against the roof with my toes, then lower down and touch the ground without support and thereafter press back up. I have only succeeded in doing this a couple of times, though.
So, what I need help with is the following three things:
#1: I need the proper technique explained in a really good way! Everything about your bodyposition, arms etc. (both freestanding and against the wall).
#2: Lately, I've been unable to increase in strength. I'm not sure if this is because of lack of technique, or because I train to little. I've been doing 6 sets of pike pushups three times a week, elevating them more and more. I feel I increase in the pike-PU's, but not in the HeSPU. So, I need to know how much I should train for optimal gains (or progression at least), while still taking #3 into consideration. And I need more exercises that helps me get the HeSPU strength up. Is there a best way to increase it? If so, tell me. If not, I hope you can give me some alternatives I can try out so I can see what works out the best for me.
#3: I go to a sports line in school and work out a lot. I need advice on how I can build the HeSPU-routine into my regular training, which mainly consists of weight training and some simple bodyweight exercises (examples are bench press, chinups, biceps curl, squats etc. You know, the usual gym stuff).
I'll add my height and weight too, in case it's relevant (I'm really tall, does this make it any harder for example?)
Weight: 80kgs
Height: 191 cm
I really, really appreciate good answers and help, as HeSPU's are one of the things I want the most. Please ask if you need any more information.
Sincerely,
Magnus