HII am 31 year old,185 cm high,90 kg.I decided to use some gymnastic exercises for my off season wrestling conditioning.I set myself few goals with gymnastics ,Most important:i would like to do iron cross,and hand stand push-ups (free),less important goals are to do front lever and planche one day.Can anyone tell me if my programme will get me there?
Do I miss some exercises,am i doing too much ,too little,sets? reps?
Please help.
Here's my programme
Monday (havy pull,lighter push)
1-Muscle-ups 4x4-5 (weighted)(bar)
2-Pseudo Push-ups 3x8-12 (hands on med balls legs on swissball)
3-Assissted iron cross 4x4-5
4-One hand push-ups 3x8-12
5-L-chin ups 4x4-5(weighted)
6-Hand walking 3x20m
7-Dragon flagor candle sticks) 3x6-8
8-Side bends on swiis ball 3x8-12(weighted)
9-Free Hand stand 3x20seconds (20 sec is all i can manage)
10-Tuck front lever 1x1min
Tuesday
1-Wall assissted pike press 3x8
2-Horisontal leg raises(bar) 3x8-10
3-Leg back extensions on pommel horse3x8 (trying to move to the edge with my chest as close as i can so it is more difficulte)
4-V-ups 3x12-15 (weighted)
5-Glute-Hamstrings extensions 3x4-6
6-Single leg squats(pistols) 3x6-8 (weighted)
Wensday (heavy push light pull)
1- Wall HSPU 4x4-5 (weighted)
2-Assissted iron cross 3x6-8
3-Pseudo push-ups 4x4-5 (weighted) legs raised on box or wall
4-Pull-ups 3x6-8 (weighted)
5-Dips 4x4-5 (weighted)
6-Horisontal pulls 3x8
7-Abb Wheel(or I use rings) 4x4-6
8-Leg twists 3x8-10 (hanging from a bar,legs streight and vertical)
9-Free hand stand 3x20sec
10-Frog stand 1min
Thursday
On thursday I do some wrestling specific exercises,pummeling,turkish get-ups etc.quick circuits,takes me 25 min.
Saturday
1-Free Pike extensions 3x3 that's all i can manage
2-Free HSPU attempts,head to hand stand,that's all i can manage now)
3-Human Flag 3x10 sec each side
4-Tuck planche 3x 20sec(legs on swissball:)
5-Advanced tuck front lever 4x15 sec(with this one my core feels strong and could last more then 15 sec,it's my hands that give up)
6-Hand stand 3x 20sec.
I also chenge some exercises every 6 weeks e.g.I do dips on rings instead of ordinary or i use pareler bar,Pseudo push ups I do on rings instead of floor etc.
In the evenings I train wrestling.
I appreciate any help,especcialy from coach Sommer
Dave
Thank you