Hi all,
My friend is currently in China is having problems with the Internet, so he asked me to relay the message. He says his shoulder hurts right after dropping off from the rings (he's doing L-sit progressions). This happened before, and I told him to take a break just in case. He started back up and I think it was fine at first, but then it started hurting again. He says it feels like the joint and not the muscle.
I don't know if he is doing too many sets or reps for L-sit, due to obvious geographical restraints, but he injured himself last time because he did like 5 minutes of combined ring work starting out, instead of 1, and began on 30 seconds, instead of 6. Like I said, I can't tell if he's overworking again, or even if he'd tell the truth if he was. THAT BEING SAID. What kind of advice would you guys give him? Avoid rings again until it stops hurting? Do low rep sets of rings?
Thanks for your time,
-Oka