This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Flameous inflammation

Started by Karri Kytömaa, August 28, 2012 · 3 Replies · 241 Views

Karri Kytömaa

Last time I tried logging my workouts, the tendency dropped quite fast but I try to do better this time!

I'd welcome any input for my planned program. It is PTTP plan with all bodyweight and 8 week SSTC for statics.

Training 3x week, aiming for MWF, but I they will fluctuate. I have additional training days that include crossfit style training, kettlebell and parkour on average 1-2 days a week.

FSP: Starting with L-sit, tucked FL, German Hang, tucked BL with pronated grip, HS, tucked PL, support on rings. I will start with just 3 50% intensity sets of each first as the positions are relatively new and build to 6 sets later on. Just playing earlier with GH and BL got my elbow joint sore, so I want to ease on to them slowly. (btw, I'm still bit uncertain, should I tense my arm in GH or not, as it seems to make a big difference in the strain on the elbow?)

FBE:

Monday:

Horizontal Push: Diamond Wall PU, Diamond Kneeling PU, PU, Diamond PU, XR PU, Bulgarian PU, then floor PPPu with something like 5cm increases and maybe moving back to rings at some point (long way to the future)

Horizontal Pull: This is straight from the book, I maybe have to add weight to tucked FL if it seems too easy, will see about that.

Wednesday:

Vertical Push: Cast Wall walks, then following the book with added half range HeSPU and 3/4 range HeSPU

Vertical Pull: Again straight from the book

Friday:

Dips: Straight from the book, except I use leg assisted dips instead of jumping ones.

Curl: Body curl on rings (thx Joshua!), starting with feet below the rings and moving 5cm at a time, from what I tested they are very well challenging from the start :lol:

5x3 reps with 313 tempo (Love that car) or full 6s for only negatives.

PTTP for those who don't know, works so that I will start with the easiest variation, progress weekly to the next variation until I can't manage the training with good form. Then I will start the cycle again. Eventually also removing the easiest variations, depending how far I make it.

Karri Kytömaa

Started today :)

First some shoulder mobility, dislocates and extensor work. Warm up featured plank, reverse plank, hollow, arch, hang, inv. hang and support hold.

Did 3x10s of L-sit, tucked FL, tucked BL, GH and some ring support work. My wrist is sore so I skipped HS and PL. Could hold with my fingers like I did with L-sit, but thought it better to just skip em all together.

Did 4x3 of negative dips and curls (had parallel bars so took advantage of it) Would have done the fifth set but ran out of time.

Then I kept training for my friends so I did the same warm up again with side planks included. Then they worked for handstands for 7 mins. Then we had pair metcon where other held top of chin/pull up and other was doing burpees up to combined total of 80 burpees.

I also found some new muscle activation in my back earlier when I tried walking in sort of exaggerated posture, holding shoulders down and back, pushing chest out and flattening the back. I felt some muscles close to spine suddenly working and pushing against when I breathed in. Knowing how to use those muscles immediately helped me to almost get wrists to the ground in hollow position which is supposed to be somewhat normal shoulder movement. Obviously I have to actively push them so there is lots of work to do but it felt pretty great advancement in such a short time.

Karri Kytömaa

After some rest due sternum pain, I'm back in action.

Had CF training with 20min volume of PPPus, metcon with 5 rounds of 10 leg raises, 100m run, 10 rotations into bridge, 100m run.

Those PPPus really got me feeling it, my whole upper body was sore for couple of days :lol:

Today I got back to basic FSPs and PUs/Rows.

Played around with pressing to shoulder stand on rings but every try ended with rolling forward. Was fun and interesting thing to try though.

Karri Kytömaa

Trying to stick to the program with varying days, though I have pretty much dropped HS from SSC and I'm working on it when I feel like it.

Yesterday I skipped FSPs since I felt something in my elbows but did PUs and bulgarian rows. Even with feet on ground, man they make you feel it. I think I managed with good form but might be that with feet raised I'll fail. Will see that next week.

Today I did my FSPs with no problem what so ever and felt quite strong, only grip giving up. Dips were easy but bodyweight curls are totally killing me! I keep my rings at the same level as in rows, that is just bit over arm length from ground and trying to move my feet even a bit past the rings makes the curling about impossible. My form breaks totally, back arching and hands shaking. I guess I have to figure out something new as I can't really make incremental increases with that leverage.

Have been playing around with tuck planche and planche leans, can't really feel the position yet. I can press myself off the ground but can't seems to bring my hips really anywhere.

Held a free HS (kicking away from wall) for maybe 5-10s, starting to feel the balancing with fingers and bit also with the shoulders. Still a lot of work to do there.