Hi everyone,
the idea of starting this topic comes form my inability to progress in front lever, however I would like to expand the subject a little bit further (and not only limit it to FL training). My current level in front lever is advanced tuck, which I can hold for about 15-20 seconds, however when I try to extend my legs, the first thing to break is always a scapular region - it seems that I'm really weak in scapular retraction.
One of my ideas to progress in FL is to focus a little bit more on scapular strength. I'm a huge believer in varying exercises - doing only front levers doesn't seem to work for me (since I couldn't progress beyond adv tuck front lever for a long time using that method). What exercises would you recommend? Here is my list (the idea is to extend it a lot further to help people like me): ![]()
1. Front lever pulls - awesome exercise which I added to my training roitine just recently. Since I'm not able to extend my legs in FL I do it in advanced tuck
2. Front pulls (dunno if I named it correctly) - like in 360 pulls, but only the first half portion. I tried doing it in normal, tight tuck, however it hurt my shoulder - I probably wasnt retracting the soulder properly.
3. Simple one handed hang on a bar/ring - it seems that it trains some muscles responsible for retraction, I consider it as a prerequisite for 4.
4. One arm hanging leg raises - I can do only essisted version of this, scapular retraction/deprasion seems to be an important part of this.
5. Swedish bars front support - seems impossible to me, maybe a spotter could make it a little bit more possible?
6. Front lever rows - I do it from time to time (tuck) but it looks that scapular retraction is not a key factor.
7. Rows/face pulls - maybe not that high like in Poliquins video - only to the chin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... QS-tXL1CLg
8. Maybe some band assisted FL work?
That's all of my ideas. I would appreciate if someone could help extend the list (I'm aware it's far from being perfect). Maybe some circus specific exercises?
Thanks in advance,
Pawel
PS I didn't embedd youtube videos on purpose. I think it would make this post unreadable.