Iron cross definition

Started by Guest, August 25, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,917 Views

Guest

Hi!

I'm just curious about this, as I haven't seen anyone anwsering this question before. I know you need to hold a cross for a minimum of two seconds, for it to count, but at what angle does the definition af an iron cross begin? I know I've seen alot of guys competing doing bad crosses which were in no way horizontal (at a 90 degrees angle), but still getting points for them.

So the definition of an iron cross is, a minimum of a two second hold at a *..* degree angle?

(an example of a gymnast doing an iron cross which is not horizontal: http://dplorah.com/nats/Image_62.jpg)

dzejkej

Up to 45' angle. Higher angle will result in the skill not being recognized by the D-jury. Everything below is recognized, but based on the angle deductions are made.

igalk474

from 0 up to 15 degrees, upward or downward, is consedered a cross without a deduction