I'm thinking of making a routine where I have a AB split where basically A= strength work with a 2-5 rep scheme and B= 10-12 rep scheme. Week 1 being A, week 2 being B.
I remember reading the higher reps and TUT would help with hypertrophy ( which I'm looking for a bit ) and would also help with joint prep work. Although I might be wrong...But anyway, I'm kinda torn on actually pulling the trigger on this type of split.
One goal I have is to raise my maximal strength, but I'd also love to be able to accomplish high rep work as well. As the impressive feats that are featured in the book.
Would one need to even do high rep work to start putting down big numbers ( like the example of Coach's athlete who could do 350 push ups ) or would maximal strength work be sufficient enough?
I also read Coach suggest an approach where you simply add a high rep finisher at the end of your workout.
I'm kind of wondering what the best course of action would be to take. Even though I'm pretty sure the answer is to simply test it out and see what how my body responds, I'd still like to get opinions.
Oh yeah, and on the high rep days, I would scale down to version of exercises where doing the high rep work is do-able with a 2-1-2 tempo.