This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Getting Stronger Workout Log

Started by Matt R, August 22, 2012 · 2 Replies · 186 Views

Matt R

I went to Home Depot and bought myself some steel waterpipes, the tallest ones they had were 10ft. I purchased two 10 footers and one six footer to connect them with, along with some cement mix to make a base with in the ground, and tada, I now have a pull-up bar in my backyard to accommodate my Xtreme Rings. It being only 10ft means I have to bend my legs sometimes when I am inverted, I may buy a pair of 2 or 4 footers to extend it with later on. But for now, its time to learn some skills!

Stats:

24 years old

6'1"

170lbs

Primary Goals:

1. Turning the Rings all the way out in Support Position (Every time I do this, the line of my body becomes diagonal, and I cannot hold it for more than a few seconds).

2. 30s L-Sit on Rings (Can hold for 10s as of now)

3. Free-balanced Handstand (can hold on wall for over 2 minutes, and can bring my wrists within six inches with my stomach facing the wall, I can also do 7 handstand push-ups against the wall)

As you can see from my primary goals, I am very much a newbie. Would love as much feedback as possible.

Matt R

8/17/2012: Pull Day

Warm-up:

Plank 30s x 2

Reverse Plank 30s x 2

Hollow 20s x 2

Arch 20s x 2

Row Pattern:

Rows with rings: 5x5

Rows with false grip: 3x5

Rows to MU transition: 2x5

Front Lever Work:

FL tuck 5s x 10 (Focused on retracting my shoulders)

Matt R

8/20/2012

Warm-up:

Plank 30s x 2

Reverse Plank 30s x 2

Hollow 20s x 2

Arch 20s x 2

Hit the Gym

Jump squat: 1x3

75lb dumbbell snatch: 1x3

Hollow on bench with 10lb dumbbell: 20s

Handstand on Wall (back facing wall): 60s

Handstand attempted free balance: A bunch of tries, longest one for 2s

Placed head on ground, then kicked into headstand and pushed into handstand on wall: 1x3

L-sit on dip station: 10s x 3

L-sit on floor: 5s x 1 (for some reason, the floor was killing my wrists)

L-sit on pull-up bar: 10s x 3

Finisher:

My Squat Complex x 2:

75lb Goblet Squat for 10 reps

3 Jump squats

As many body weight squats while focused on breathing (longest set had 12 reps)

After that, I tried to do a pistol squat, got the negative portion down and then lost balance and caught myself with my right hand. Even though, just a few days ago, I did a clean rep on each leg for a few sets.