Rings skills workout

Started by Rings, August 18, 2012 · 3 Replies · 9,781 Views

Rings

Hi,

I´m thinking on change my workout,more focus to skills.

What do you think about some thing like this:

Warm up:

A few reps of:

-Dips

-Pull ups

-HeSPU

-planche leans

-Maltese press (bench with weights plates)

...

Routine. 2 or 3 rounds:

Rings:

2x3 MU

2x3 Galimores (good form FL to PL tuck..no straddle yet)

2x3 backward roll to L-sit.

P-bars:

3x3 L-sit to straddle planche. 2" each.

3x10 HSPU

These may be the base of the workout.

I´m not sure about my level,but I´m be able to do the exercises written above. Just I want to develop it in better form.

Let me know what do you think,buddies ;)

Blairbob

Decent. How often per week? Other than the L press to straddle PL, this is all bent arm work which should be a bit easier on your upper body.

Rings

3 days week.

Maybe too many bent arm work?

Straight arm work are so hard and I don´t want hurt my biceps.

I don´t know if add maltese press to PL and IC press to support with DM one day of the week.

Blairbob

No, it doesn't sound like too much at all. Just not a lot of straight arm ring work. That's fine if that is the case.