Hello all!
I have been practicing the front lever and planche series and have found that I could do a full back lever the first time I tried it, and got s pretty decent hold on it as well. Now I know I have the muscles and the movement proficiency to pull off a back lever my question is should I?
My worry is that while my muscles are developed enough to pull it off that my bicep and shoulder joints and tendons will be far behind in development and that if I go straight to practicing a full back lever I will be increasing my risk of injury greatly, especially my risk of tendonitis.
Do you recommend I train the tuck back lever at all or am I safe enough that I can go straight away and practice the full back lever?
I expect my tendon and joints are already somewhat strengthened from the planche work (currently working Adv. tuck planche pushups & Straddle Planche hold) and the front lever series (Adv. tuck front lever hold)
Thank you all, I greatly appreciate it!
Chris.