For Joshua, Blairbob, and everyone else

Started by Fluidity, August 14, 2012 · 5 Replies · 4,195 Views

Fluidity

Hi guys I just want to ask you all what you think of my workout routine that I'm planning on cycling.

Here it is

Mon/Wed/Fri- FSP Frogstand 2 reps of 30 secs, 6 reps of 10 sec L sits, bridge holds, and body twist stretch. Now I do my bodyweight exercises which are all done in aslow TUT of 5 sec up and 5 sec down. Now I do this with 3 sets of 20 squats, 3 sets of 15 v ups, 3 sets of 12 reps of horizontal rows at the lowest possible angle, 3 sets of 12 push ups done of an elevated surface, and calf raises until failure.

Tuesday/Thursday- For these days I am planning on incorporating explosive work. The exercises I am planning on doing is squat jumps, clapping push ups, explosive pull ups, explosive step up done from a chair, sprinting, and jump roping.

This is my weekly workout guys, and I do joint mobility as a warm up everyday.

I want to see what Joshua thinks of this since he is the one who got me into long TUT workouts and I really like th results I got from listening to his advice, and I think everyone else would benefit from slow TUT workouts.

My main questions are is this too much? I have two days off at the end of the week, yet I want to know if adding those power days on Tuesday/Thursday to my routine will make me stop progressing? I do want to train for getting into boxing and mma later on in 2 more years yet I don't want to tire myself out now. I believe excelling in Gymnastic Strength Training™ will definitely help me for the sports I want to do in college. Along with that I want to let people know I'm 16. Oh Also I shadow box almost everyday, to keep my technical skills and speed up, and use weekends for partner training.

Blairbob

Power days, MTh, Slow strength TuF.

Fluidity

Thanks Blairbob, I want to see what Joshua and the other members have to say about this.

Fluidity

Also once I switch from slow strength to maximal strength training, such as high resistance reps in the 3-5 range, should I still follow what you mentioned above?

Blairbob

I find it worked better for me but you can do it either way really. I just found if I did str the day before, I had a little less power the next day. It might for you but you will also adapt to how you train.

I mean really I've done days where I did SN/CJ or just SN and FS then SN/CJ or just CJ and BS and it worked alright. FS are easy enough to recover from but BS, meh.

SN=snatch

CJ=clean and jerk

FS=fr6nt sq4at

BS=bac2 sq4at

st4*5d 2eyb6ard.

Nic Branson

I would advise power before strength. The neural fatigue after the strength day would impact your power output, while the power day before actually has the potential to increase you maximal strength the next day. Also the strength day following will help cut down soreness from a high intensity power day if you decide to push it.