Wall extensions. What's the problem that I am having?

Started by methodman, November 16, 2008 · 3 Replies · 2,009 Views

methodman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cWsh49yjW0

Hello

Could you tell me why my left forearm can't stay close to the wall? I don't remeber if this is the shoulder that I have injuried from benching 1-2years ago. Anyway what should I do to correct this problem?

Blairbob

I'm having a bit of the same problem as well as of last night. I'm thinking the left one has something tight in it and there is a lot of grinding around the scapula attachement on it during shoulder rehab exercises like rotational shrugs and what not.

My right one is decent and is the one I had a seperation on. I figured the left one just had some tears is all.

I'm hoping when I can find an Active Release practitoner they can iron it all out.

sghetti

While this does not happen to me exactly, I would say to try to do it with more control. It seems like you're just going through the motion. As Coach said, when you start doing these one rep might take 20 seconds or more. Another thing he stresses is form follows function. Let me know how it goes.

methodman

I did them slowly but not in the video.

I tried to do them again very slowly but I failed again. I noticed when I place my left upper arm I have to push it forcefully to get it attached to the wall but with my right arm I don't have to do anything it just get attched to the wall immediately.