This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120814

Started by Coach Sommer, August 14, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,413 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

2 – Back Pulls

5 – Wide grip L Pull-ups

2 – Back Pulls

10 – FL Pulls

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Back Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Back Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

4) Add weight if possible to the ankles during the FL Pulls.

5) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

6) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Josh Schmitter

Sleep awesome. Did a lot of slip and slide/yard work the past few days so I was beat. 10pm-5am, 6am-8:30am.

Prereqs:60s between all rounds again. 3x50s-Plank,3x20s-arch,3x30s-sup,3x35s-hollow,3x40s-dead, 3x20 rev. Pl

WOD/4 Rounds:

2 – GH negatives

10 – Towel Rows

2 – GH negatives

10 – Pulls(Orange,Red,Black Bands)

2 – GH negatives

10 – Standing Rows

Notes:

Felt pretty damn awesome today. Was a little concerned I was going to be roughing it today as I did some heavy yard work as well as some homemade backyard slip and slide, but I slept really well last night and this WOD felt great.

ewethestuff said:

- Pull ups and FL Pulls were ugly and broke. Still have no place to do pullovers or naners.

- Prehab update: Now doing wrist series in plank as opposed to on knees, feels much better .

I am with ya with the naners/pullovers. Have you looking into band assist at all so you can go the rx'd rep range?

Also, that's a big step in the wrist prehab, congrats. I just recently added 3 full plank reps to each of the 5 variations(doing 3 full, 7 on knees)...and it's hard. We'll see if I can keep it up.