Handstand Practice

Started by Matt Wichlinski, August 13, 2012 · 1 Replies · 2,474 Views

Matt Wichlinski

I have been making a little improvement in my balance, but my positioning needs a lot of work. I can flatten out a lot, lose my arch, open my shoulders more, etc. Good news is I can find a little more control on my hands, now time to make more improvement. Anything you guys recommend that might help? Thanks.

EfE3SHEclg0

yuri marmerstein

Nice! You are getting a good feel for the balance

Apart from the obvious, you are still making small adjustments with your shoulders and hips. The easiest way to tell is to watch how your feet sway back and forth a bit.

When you balance try to think about your feet not moving.

Also, try getting your legs and feet completely together for more aesthetic value.

and judging from the stretch, you have the flexibility to have a much straighter handstand than you do. The problem is that when balancing it's easier to stay inside your comfort zone of using your strength to balance. A bit of hands-on correction to get you used to the feeling of balancing in a straighter handstand would help you out quite a bit I imagine.