dynamic/static moment progression

Started by Gaben18, August 13, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,174 Views

Gaben18

I was just curious to if using only, dynamic/static moments, such as tucked front leaver rows, and tucked planches, will eventually help me progress to other progressions, and finally a full planche push-ups, and full front leaver rows?

Blairbob

Yes. Lately, I've been considering going back to doing a combined FSP/FBE movement with basically holds at the straight arm position. It's something I played with a long time ago and would seem to be time efficient now.

Don't quote me on it though. Not really sure how to scale it with reps and tempo. I'll have to look at some TUT tables and duration of holds to do.

Btw, please don't post a topic in multiple forums. It did not have video and thus did not belong in Digital Coaching. It's not really a dynamic/explosive movement either. It would be classified as an FBE according to GB.

Gaben18

Thanks man, what about 3 sets to failure once a week, once i reach 3x12, i move on to the next progression?

Blairbob

I wouldn't do 3 sets to failure. Each set will be suckier and suckier even though it's just 3. I would go to failure on just the last.

I don't see the need for 12 reps unless you just want a crapload of TUT. 5-7/8. Maybe 8-12 if you are looking for strength and hypertrophy.

Gaben18

sounds good, thanks man!