Hello,
First of all, let me give a big thank you in advance to Coach and the Gymnastic Bodies community for the knowledge shared on this site.
I have the exact same problem as the OP in this post viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1717 .
In the start of the pull, my shoulder doesn't feel strong in the position and it feels like it snaps out of place in the transition. This happens on chin ups if I tuck my legs to my chest, as doing a proper l-chin up feels even worse. I feel a bit worried training this movement as the last time, my shoulder didn't feel alright for 4 days.
From what I understand it's a weakness in that position due to some inflexibility, but what exercises can I do to address this weakness (it's not clear in that post) ? I can do shoulder dislocates and wall extensions without pain and assume a hollow with reasonably open shoulders and in a belly to wall wandstand my hands are about 10 to 15 centimeters from the wall. I can't do lat flys and dorsal pushups very well however. Would these to exercises address my weaknesses. I am also thinking that doing very slow controlled pull ups or chinups focusing on a straight body and hollow position like slizzardman's video might help, is this correct ?
I am also learning the front lever, currently at the 1st progression (tuck lever). Is it normal to feel some stretch around the front of the shoulders (like below clavicle almost in the pectoral really) and elbow, or is this indicative of bad form ?