What is the most brutal/best exercise to biceps with the rings? I would like to have some good answers here and try myself ![]()
Bigger And Stronger biceps!
Started by Laitinen85, August 9, 2012 · 7 Replies · 5,359 Views
Here is a video by our very own slizzardman ![]()
p-8izkNkcBw
IMO the best way to develop your biceps is doing straight arm exercises. While it may be quicker to develop them doing bent arm work, in the long run it is better to do straight arm work. Crosses and planches will suffice. In those exercises, there is a TON of stress on your elbows and your biceps will actively be pulling to take the stress off of them. By just working on planches alone, I was able to achieve a one arm chin up.
OACs don't take that much biceps strength. I believe the most brutal rings biceps exercises are back lever curls and inverted curls.
Thank you guys fos the answers! I noticed that BL is wery good exercise to biceps!! And also those straight arm drills with rings was great ![]()
I found that for me, developing straight-arm strength alone was insufficient for my biceps. In fact there was a period where I was getting a lot of elbow pain from straight arm strength and so I had to go and do bent arm work that isolated my biceps. Some things you can try:
- weighted chin-ups (just enough weight that you can barely do four)
- dumbell/barbell curls
- rope climbs
- horizontal pullups (feet resting on a block at ring-height; chest facing up towards the rings. Try to pull your chest to the rings. To focus on the biceps, have your palms face your head)
Yes, the bent arm strength compliments the straight arm strength. It lends it support in a way. Think of it as physical preparation for the straight arm work.
You need both, and in more or less equal measure. Do both.