I am really happy that I achieved another "move" .. but with the OACs I think it also depends a little bit on the bar. On some bars I can not do one yet, on others I can .. strange.
R1zYHc2p3KA
Started by AlexSLO, August 8, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,298 Views
I am really happy that I achieved another "move" .. but with the OACs I think it also depends a little bit on the bar. On some bars I can not do one yet, on others I can .. strange.
R1zYHc2p3KA
Congrats & keep up the good work, but do not neglect your handstand and mobility work!
How does this affect your wall slides? Could you perform them with full ROM?
Personally I sacrificed my pulling progress a little, and I just do a very little maintance work for the sake of advancing in my shoulder mobilty drills, so I can improve my handstand alignment.
Totally worth it so far, as finally I can fully open my shoulders.
Thank you!
I have no idea about the wall slides.. I don't do them, maybe I will add them into my workout plans in the future (are we talking about the same exercise wall slides = wall extensions?).
I try to maintain a 50/50 % dedication to pulling and pressing exercises, It became so natural to me that I can't even imagine about concentrating on only one of them more in my trainings ![]()
Yeah, I meant the wall extensions. If you haven't tried the exercise yet, chances are you will experience several restrictions in your upper back and shoulder area.
I don't think that merely doing pressing exercises to complement your pulling work are enough to have a good balance in your shoulder girdle.
You also have to do a ton on active and passive flexibilty work to achieve, or maintain a desirable shoulder extension.
Cast handstand wall walks, bridge wall walks, wall extensions, shoulder dislocations, etc. are all excellent exercises to help you with that.