This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120807

Started by Coach Sommer, August 7, 2012 · 8 Replies · 1,498 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

Begin with 1x10 Wrist Pushups

2x10 Cast Wall Walks

2x5 Pike Box Press HS

2x10 Straddle Box Press HS

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 1x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes

8 ) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting does not count toward the 10 minute total. Strive to perform the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs in as few sets as possible.

9) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest periods to an absolute minimum. Unless you are already extremely well conditioned gymnastically, this should be a very challenging workout.

10) You may increase the intensity of the HS Wall Runs by lifting a straight arm up to the hips during each step rather than merely touching the shoulder.

Lindahl

If hell exists it's an eternity of HS wallruns. Holy crap.

Ryan Libke

I both love and hate the wall runs. Time seems to pass very slowly while upside down...

No matter how many times I do this, I always second guess my timer as working slowly or not being activated since it seems it should have beeped already. (I am working in intervals.)

polmod
Lindahl said:
If hell exists it's an eternity of HS wallruns. Holy crap.

HAHAHA i agree!

Sven Ravnstag

Managed a full 10 minutes with the wall runs again today. This time I borrowed the time template for the ring handstand days: Wall runs for 30 sec followed by 45sec rest. Not easy but feels pleasantly worked afterwards (and the day after).

Josh Schmitter
polmod said:
Lindahl said:
If hell exists it's an eternity of HS wallruns. Holy crap.

HAHAHA i agree!

Man, you guys need to up your imagination level...or maybe I need to turn mine down :). HS wall run eternity is close to heaven if ya ask me.

Steve Sisk said:
Not easy but feels pleasantly worked afterwards (and the day after).

Pleasantly worked...oh yes, and I hate you :).

Prereqs:

3x60s-Plank,3x20s-arch,3x30s-sup,40,35,35-hollow,45,40,40-dead, 3x20 rev. Pl

WOD:

1x10 Wrist Pu on Knees

5x3 Plank Walks(8 steps)

1x5 Pike Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Press HeS(5+5,7+3)

6 min of HS Wall Runs(box HeSPu position)=12 sets of 30s on/60s off

1x10 Wrist Pu on Knees

Notes:

About 60-90s rests between inter sets/Plank Walks, 2min between exercises. Felt tough, but better than last time. Hopefully keep adding time/sets until I get to 10 min in one go. Once there...in about 3 years...time to add actual HS wall runs :). Pre reqs felt really tough today.

Sven Ravnstag

Don't worry TANSTAAFL; progress often jumps from behind a corner and surprises you.

My (limited) experience with gymnastics training (all through this site and the book) has been that I typically dislike movements my body is unfamiliar with until I develop a certain basic proficiency. After that point, although the workouts are never "easy", they are no longer unpleasant. There is exertion required, but I feel like I've got at least a fighting chance, which makes them a lot more fun.

Sven Ravnstag

Although I still cringe when I see a heavy pull day, I cringe somewhat less than I used to :)

Josh Schmitter
Steve Sisk said:
Don't worry TANSTAAFL; progress often jumps from behind a corner and surprises you.

My (limited) experience with gymnastics training (all through this site and the book) has been that I typically dislike movements my body is unfamiliar with until I develop a certain basic proficiency. After that point, although the workouts are never "easy", they are no longer unpleasant. There is exertion required, but I feel like I've got at least a fighting chance, which makes them a lot more fun.

Steve Sisk said:
Although I still cringe when I see a heavy pull day, I cringe somewhat less than I used to :)

Indeed. I have had those progress scares a few times, but it seems my setbacks are usually a few steps behind(not entirely related to training). This seminar coming up should help a lot...many thanks for the encouraging words. :).