L-sit on rings vs L-sit on floor

Started by Andrew Long, August 2, 2012 · 5 Replies · 11,813 Views

Andrew Long

Hej! =)

Just a little confused atm with the L-sit. I was under the impression that L-sit on floor should be easier than rings but it seems that rings are easier. I tested my max L-sit today and it was 30 seconds or so then I thought hmmm I wonder what my max is on the rings so I hopped up and bam 30 seconds on rings too...wth?( rings turned out so they face towards me felt more natural than neutral and I had no chance with RTO on the L-sit without my arms touching the rings)I have never done an L-sit on rings before yet I got the same time? my friend recorded it on his phone and my legs were a tiny bit higher than horizontal to the ground and my traps were pressed down. So is this standard or have I done something wrong here with my L-sit?

Falcon
ausswe said:
So is this standard or have I done something wrong here with my L-sit?

Yes, your forearms were touching the rings. That is not a proper support.

Andrew Long

Sorry I didn't explain it very well I can hold 30 seconds NO forearm touching with parallel hold or rings turned out facing towards me but if I try an L-sit with the rings turned out facing away from then My forearms touch but regardless of that is it normal to have the same time on rings L-sit as floor when you first start and should I try turn the rings away from me while doing it?

seiyafan

That's interesting because I struggle on rings to keep legs parallel with the floor, they always drop, I don't know how to push hips forward. On floor/parallel, it's much easier.

Coach Sommer

Please post video of both for comparison.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Andrew Long

I'll see if I can take another video this weekend and put it up to see whats I am doing wrong with the ring L-sit. I don't plan on training it yet as my floor max was only 30 seconds and my RTO ring support isn't quite 60 seconds yet. I was just curious as to why they were the same time when I was messing around. Oh also coach if you happen to see this should I be practicing my L-sits with fingers pointing backwards so the transition to manna training will be easier and should it be done this way on rings as well?

Thanks a lot for all the replies =)