Presently, I am working on the FSE-L-Sit for 4 sets of 15 seconds with the legs extended on a dip station at the gym. Yesterday, I had to complete my workout at home so I used my homemade paralletes (PVC version). I noticed that I did not experience as much success with the L-sits in that format. Being closer to the ground, I encountered difficulty keeping the legs from hitting the ground. I did not experience this problem in the tuck version of the L-sit.
In evaluating my L-sit, I have come to realize that while I can get the legs to a parallel positon to the floor, 90 degree L in the tuck, I can only get it to about 60 degrees in the full L position. I believe it is a flexibility as well as strength issue. My questions are:
1. What stretching exercises can I work on to increase the ROM? This will also help with the Hanging Leg Lifts.
2. Will I eventually be able to see improvement in my flexibility as a continue to work on the static hold.
Any suggestions, incite will be greatly appreciated. ![]()