Book Recommendation please: Peak Performance Psychology

Started by Gavin Strelitz, July 31, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,168 Views

Gavin Strelitz

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a book on the psychological aspects/principles of peak performance and before I start trolling Amazon and the other stores I was hoping to get some recommendations or pointers from the knowledgeable GB crew.

Has anyone read anything in this area they really liked or disliked?

Cheers

Christopher Schwab

While I can't recommend any books on that sort of thing I do have a small list of things worth reading about:

Check out the Yerkes-Dodson law, Social influence, The Home-crowd effect and Obedience to Authority (willing to do anything your coach says, for example in regards to training and knowing you are in good hands can motivate you to perform at your peak than a self taught person who is unsure how he/she compares to other's).

I'm not really part of the GB crew yet, but hopefully soon ;-)

Gavin Strelitz

Thanks Chris, I'll look into those titles for sure.

Christopher Schwab

Oh I'm terribly sorry I wasn't clear. Those are topics within the field of psychology I have studied, not book titles. Those topics should be adequate however for someone with an interest as they are all backed by some very well conducted studies. (as well, of course, of some badly conducted ones)