This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120730

Started by Coach Sommer, July 30, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,459 Views

Coach Sommer

Rv51x8TEF3o

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

2 – Front Pulls

6 – Circle FL Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

6 – Lat Flys

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) The Circle FL Pulls should be performed with a slow deliberate motion.

4) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

5) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accommodate your current strength levels.

6) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Paradox

Wow, Coach - It's really cool to see all this new stuff being integrated into the WOD! I think the last WOD was also new, with the side levers integrated in between exercises. Thanks!

Sven Ravnstag
Paradox said:
Wow, Coach - It's really cool to see all this new stuff being integrated into the WOD! I think the last WOD was also new, with the side levers integrated in between exercises. Thanks!

Indeed!

Josh Schmitter
ewethestuff said:
I'm finding the volume of the dynamic days hard to scale. I am trying to do everything controlled (i.e. not relying on bounce or swing), but not necessarily at a set tempo. Am I correct in this for the dynamic WODs?

Notes:

- I started by subbing 5 towel pull ups for the Cirque, but quickly scaled down in second round by using my feet to support in an L-shape against a nearby bench.

- FL Pulls by 3rd round were not in control - I would have liked to do naners, but do not have space enough in my setup.

- Last round did not have strength to keep my body up in Lat Flys, used foot assistance again.

- Good news is I did my first good form Front Pulls in tuck today - actually did not bend elbows at all and maintained control until the last round.

For warm up I increased PB Support from 40 to 60s this week. Was a little more challenging but not as bad as I had feared, I was not in danger of losing form so good progress! Hollow, Plank, Reverse Plank and Arch are all feeling solid, may bump one of them up to 50 or 60 seconds next week if all stays good.

Welcome to the scaling failing club :). I believe Coach has said before you can increase the speed as a temporary sub, making it easier, as long as you keep form, and realize this is a temporary solution. It is also preferred to keep Volume over Intensity when scaling...i.e. going to towel rows probably would have been ideal from the start for you so you could keep within the 10-15 rx'd reps. He has also said that you should pick an exercise you can complete for all the rounds, not just the first 1 or 2. I believe a broken set in the last round or so isn't a big deal as long as you can do most of the sets.

That being said...I fail at these regularly, but hitting up the seminar next month makes my worries all but dissipate entirely :).

Also congrats on your pre-req accomplishments. I'm a little behind ya, but feeling better than ever with them.

WOD:

4rounds:

2 – Front Pulls = 2 neg front pulls(between each ex.)

1 – 15’ Cirque = 10 standing towel rows

6 – Circle FL Pulls = 5 pull ups(grey band)

6 – Lat Flys = 5 pull ups(grey band)

Notes:

First 2 rounds tried 10 pull ups(gray band) and just skipped the Lat flys(have nowhere to do them as doorway is too narrow). This proved way to hard so moved to 5,5. Smoked. I don't like my forearms. Man I am the biggest idiot, I should be doing body levers for the Front pulls...