critique my handstand

Started by Vincent Stoyas, July 29, 2012 · 5 Replies · 1,682 Views

Vincent Stoyas

img20120728192205.jpg

img20120728192509.jpg

I decided to finally get serious about handstands. It's tike to dive into the handstand forum and start learning.

anyways, here's pictures of my day 1 attempts, all comments are welcome :)

yuri marmerstein

You have closed shoulder angle, pike in the hips, and slight arch in the lower back

Try to get closer to the wall work back to the wall HS so you feel your feet over your head more

Vincent Stoyas

Thanks for the pointers.

I know I need to work on opening my shoulders, but I was wondering, how to get rid of the lower back arch? Is it caused by the closed shoulders? And I didn't realise the pike, I'll work on getting rid of that.

Cole Dano
Vincearoo said:
Thanks for the pointers.

I know I need to work on opening my shoulders, but I was wondering, how to get rid of the lower back arch? Is it caused by the closed shoulders? And I didn't realise the pike, I'll work on getting rid of that.

Start by squeezing your butt, and tightening your abs.

You have to start where you are, it could take a little while before you figure it out for yourself and are able to do it. Don't be discouraged.

If you haven't done stomach to the wall HS with your body about 45Ëš I found this very helpful for finding the basic shape.

Aaron Griffin

Completely off topic, but... maybe you just have big hair, but your arms seem really short for your body.

Vincent Stoyas

Thanks foe the tips ams encouragement. Hope to get this up to par.

and no, my arms aren't short haha. I guess it kind of looks like that. Maybe its time for a haircut to look more proportionate.