Hey guys. Is it ok to alternate between static and dynamic workouts every day for the SAME muscle group? (i.e. do front lever work on Monday, then do pullups on Tuesday) Or is that not enough rest for the muscles? I ask because I would love to be able to workout almost every day of the week on each muscle group but to alternate between STATIC workout days and DYNAMIC workout days. Currently I just workout every other day, doing both STATIC and DYNAMIC workouts in 1 session.
Also as a side topic, how do you build mass with bodyweight exercises (as far as rep counts and sets)? For example, look at the banner of this site, that guys is a good size and he is strong. Most calisthenics-only trainees whom I see have incredible strength, but are still relatively skinny. This is probably because the less you weight, the easier it is to pull off bodyweight movements such as the planche, front lever, etc. For me, my goal is to get to a point where I can do the advanced positions and be somewhat big while doing them. Is it possible to achieve this goal with bodyweight exercises only or will I need to use free weights?
I have had these thoughts in mind for awhile and it would be great if I could get them resolved through discussion here.