Hello all
I have a quick question about planche progress.
I tested my Tuck planche today for the first time in a while, and I'm able to hold with decent form for the first few static sets, but around the third or fourth my hips begin to sag to a few inches below shoulder height; however, I can hold it for a trainable amount of time.
Now with my other statics I started with holds that were either too high or too low as I progressed, and I can now hold a full back lever and straddle front lever with good form, but I've been wary of trying this method with Planche holds.
would it be a folly to train a SSC cycle with my planche holds a little low and then as my strength improves improve my body positioning during the next cycle?
My friend mike (a nationally ranked gymnast) has a full planche and recommend I just go for it as I did with my other holds earlier in the year, but this mental debate has prevented me from training my holds.
thoughts?
edit:my scap position is actually pretty good as I do partake in leans and planks.