This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120727

Started by Coach Sommer, July 27, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,369 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

2 Side Lever Pulls (one on each side)

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

2 Side Lever Pulls

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

2 Side Lever Pulls

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes after completing all of the Press HS work and then begin the XR Strap HS.

8 ) Each XR Strap HS cycle consists of 30 work followed by 45 seconds of rest. Go directly from one cycle to the next with no additional rest.

9) DO NOT come down during the 30 seconds of HS. If you do come down, that cycle does not count towards your total of 12 cycles.

10) To perform XR Strap HS drop your Xtreme Rings down to 6â€-8†from the ground. Now kick up into a handstand widely straddling your legs so that they wrap around the straps. Straighten and lock your arms as much as possible and begin timing your HS.

11) The XR Strap HS can be made much more physically demanding by placing your feet along the inside of the straps rather than wrapping your legs around the straps. The intensity can be further increased by ensuring that your elbows are completely locked and straight.

12) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead; although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

Sven Ravnstag

I managed 12 whole minutes (stomach to the wall) for the second time today. Funny thing: I tend to hit a wall about 3-5 rounds in where I don't think I'll make the whole 12, but shortly thereafter it levels out and I finish strong.

Dorsal pushups were markedly improved today as well.

Vincent Stoyas

Very excited today! Finished my first full 12 rounds of FX handstands. There's a goal met.

Completed:

8 HLL side (half) to side (alternating side)

1 Tuck Flag negative (one each arm)

2x5 Cast Wall Walks

8 HLL, 1 Tuck Flag Negative

1x5 Straddle Wall RLL

8 HLL, 1 Tuck Flag Negative

1x10 Pike HeS RLL

8 HLL, 1 Tuck Flag Negative

Rested 4:30

12 FX HS Cycle

*Notes*

It started raining very hard here today in Arizona randomly so I didn't have access to parallel bars or rings so I swapped Thursdays workout with Tuesdays.

I'm very surprised in my L progress. A couple weeks ago I couldn't even do one HLL (half), now I can 8 HLL very comfortably. I can probably do 10 with max effort. I can now also hold an L hang for 12 seconds which was I was incapable of doing for 1 second two weeks ago. Very surprising. Very good day. Regardless, I think I need to do windshield wipers or something because HLL did not feel to be working my obliques much.

Tuck Flags are fun, but I can't lower out of them well. I can jump up slightly above parallel, hold for half a second and lower very quickly. I don't fall out of it, but I don't have full control yet. Maybe 1/3rd control.

Straddle Wall RLL felt good. First two full ROM and then each one got progressively higher.

Pike HeS RLL are tougher at 10 reps. I want to master that and feel all the way comfortable. Any reason to way pike RLL are at 5 and Straddle at 10?

Josh Schmitter

WOD:

2 Supine Wipers between each

5x3 PL walks

1x5 Straddle Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Press Press HeS(5,5)

12 cycles Wall HS in Box HeSPu position:

(30s on/60s off x 6) + 10 Wrist Pu on knees

repeat x1

Notes:

PL walks hard, but felt better. HeS Presses very rough today. Tried Pike, but too much. Even the 10 straddle had to break up to 5,5. Perhaps will do box ones next time as I didn't have anything the right height on hand today.

HS Cycles very hard even in box HeSPu position. Focused on really shrugging the shoulders.