Hi i can do Hanging leg lifts on a pull up bars 3x6reps so I should move on to the next variation BUT i cant even hold the L sits after I went up for the V.Its not a perfect V but the book tell me to be patient but i cant even do a perfect form of 1 reps.Anything that I should do to help me do this variation of hanging exercises?Or is there any different with the exercise if I do it in a pull ups bar and stall bars?
hanging V sits to L-sit
Started by RICK MARVIN TING Ting, July 26, 2012 · 4 Replies · 5,573 Views
Im not quite sure what you are asking, but it seems you are having trouble stopping at the L-hang from the fully piked position.
One thing you could do for this is just work on accumulating some volume in the L-hang. You can also slow down the leg lifts. I see a alot of people doing the leg lifts in the gym very fast and basically dropping their legs from the top. Also be sure you arent moving backwards under the bar. The book recommends either a spotter of stall bars to prevent this.
HLL to V, negative down to L. I also prefer my gymnasts to be able to build up the ability to hold the V hang for at least 10-20 seconds.
With them, I am generally more concerned about developing a solid L and V hang than HLL though I do think highly of HLL from L to V to L.
I see, so either i do the HLL slowly or just do the hanging L-sit nice thanks for the help
Again, I would just work on doing a Hanging Leg Lift, toes to the bar to make what I call a V hang and slowly lower to L hang and try to hold 2-3s. I like making the kids hold the V for 2-3 seconds but each repetition takes about 5-8 seconds almost 10 seconds. Don't expect to get that many repetitions in with that much TimeUnderTension.
It's alright if you have to hop off the bar after each rep. It's maximal strength work. You would probably have to change your repetition scheme. 10x1 or 5x2 maybe.
Try this exercise and tell us if you can do it and how many you can do.
If you can't do it, omit the hold at V and just try to lower as slowly as possible through L with ideally a 1-2 second hold at L.
You can also try to make the HLL by straddling up and around and then lowering and holding the L on the way down. I can generally do more HLL if I use a straddle than a pike. Just a couple more reps.