Well I have an old wrist thing that is starting to become painful when I do false grip muscle ups. I'm thinking it is some sort of hernia. Its a bulge of muscle that contracts and protrudes out of my wrist when I flex and force the false grip-like movement with my wrist.
Normally it is not painful but after forcing muscle ups, it gets sore, red and I'm afraid of complicating it. If I don't work on my false grip, no problem no pain. If I do sets, I get discomfort for the next few days.
So my question is regarding how this will be impacting my training. I'm 35 so not very young, and I had set myself the goal of being able to do the basic ring positions, muscle ups, planche's etc, and I don't really know how much this will affect my goals and how would this affect carryover strength in other ring positions.
Not being able to work with a false grip, I need to find better tutorials about non false grip muscle ups and how to build up to those, any pointers would be very appreciated. I really don't want to give up working muscle ups, after finally being able to crank sets of three, they are a workout that I really enjoy. However I don't think its worth forcing it and maybe having to go into surgery for something that is otherwise not problematic. Plus I never know how things would go after surgery.
The user B1214N had mentioned a form of non false grip muscle ups in another thread but it's really hard to get the movement down without videos or photos. Most of the things I come across are false grip muscle up tutorials. Any help would be very much appreciated.