Protecting straps.

Started by Zebala, November 14, 2008 · 5 Replies · 3,190 Views

Zebala

My first post! Hello to all!

I just ordered the rings and am planning to mount them on a beam outside under my porch. I was just wondering what material would be good to protect the straps from breaking from the friction against the wood? Is there ary need for it?

Thank you in advance.

chauinc

I found that there isn't a need for anything like that as long as you aren't grabbing the straps and flossing the wood with it. I use mine under my deck and I've found nothing wrong in my straps. Just take them down slowly or you might get a splinter in the strap.

David Picó García

Anyway you can put a towel between the beam and the straps

Zebala

What about temperature? Do the rings last outside below zero? (freezing temperature).

chauinc

I'm not to sure how they would handle outside in that weather i take them down after my workouts. And for the winter i'm going to a gym. I really don't want to do ring dips in minus 30 weather.

kbryk

Since these rings are meant for static skills, such as dips, handstands etc, I would have to say the cold should not matter on the rings, but the straps should be brought inside, everything effects the straps, light, humidity, but hey they are straps.

So as long as you are not doing any back upraises, kipping etc, working in the cold shouldn't matter, just keep to static skills.