This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120724

Started by Coach Sommer, July 24, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,844 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 PB HSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Korean Dips

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

10 PPP

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets in between each of the assigned FBEs. If you do not have parallets, possible substitutions include kettlebells, dumbbells or pushup bars.

2) To perform the L-sit press to Tuck PL begin with a 3 sec L-sit and then with straight arms press up into a 3 sec Tuck PL, lower down back to the L-sit position to complete the repetition.

3) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed in a challenging manner.

4) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

Lindahl

Really fun workout as usual! Those korean dips are really awkward if you're not used to them, haha!

Completed all the rounds and reps, though I substituted the paralette HSPU with pushup bars on the first and second set and for the 3d and 4th I performed elevated (about 4 cm) HeSPU.

Jon Douglas
Coach Sommer said:

10 PPP

Is this one off the rings specfically, or is it a case of scale appropriately whether that be down or up?

Cheers

Josh Schmitter
ewethestuff said:
Only did 2 rounds, was pretty wiped from some rock climbing so I did some shoulder band work instead.

Don't do any climbing myself, but am in the middle of watching Progression(

) and First Ascent(
) Freaking awesomely insane.

WOD:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 Pike Push ups 49in

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Dips(foot in front assist)

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

10 Floor Pushups(knees)

2 x 10 Wrist Pu(knees)

Notes:

L-sit slightly slow to as far into tuck PL as possible. Pike Pushups got real hard starting 3rd round. Dips felt really good, Floor pushups did the first round full, all rest on knees. Those L-sit to tuck pl's really zap me for everything else.

Vincent Stoyas

I wish I could go climbing...No local indoor gyms here and I haven't climbed in a year now so I don't want to drive an hour to climb crap routes. I need to go climb some red rock at Vegas even if I do suck now, only an hour away.

Anyways, here's an attempt to do Adv. Frog stand -> L sit Tuck -> Tuck Pl -> L sit Tuck at the very end of the third round. Comments? I don't know anything about it, this was pretty much my first time attempting a PL. I know I need to get my legs higher and more even on the Adv. Frog Stand, the one in the video was pretty ugly, but I felt completely comfortable and didn't feel like holding it took much strength at all.

lgusribnoTw

WOD

Adv. Frog Stand -> L Sit Tuck -> Tuck Pl -> L Sit Tuck

3 HeSPU

Adv. Frog Stand -> L Sit Tuck -> Tuck Pl -> L Sit Tuck

5 Ring Dips

Adv. Frog Stand -> L Sit Tuck -> Tuck Pl -> L Sit Tuck

10 Push Ups at bottom of push up I'd lower down on to my forearms and push back up

*NOTES*

The very first Tuck Pl series I did two negatives of Adv. Frogstand -> L Sit Tuck like Coach recommended, but then I figured I might as well try to get some benefit of pushing up into one with straight arms so I combined them.

Have no idea about the form on Tuck Pl, any comments? I'm positive it's not high enough or something.

HeSPU were brutal, everything else was challenging, but manageable.