Hej,
I have been eating a tonne of food this week as there has been a lot of celebrations back to back and it has not been quality food either. Now I have probably been eating a good 2000 calories more than what I have used each day for a week, so around 14 000 extra bad calories... the thing is according to that I should have gained several pounds but I gained like half a pound. What the hell happened to the rest of the calories? Also due to an injury the most exercise I have done is walking a little bit on some of those days (a bit means less than a Kilometer in the whole day) I have always read or been told that 3500 calories is a pound worth of fat yet I consumed a good 14000 extra calories this week and gained half a pound. I don't get it how did the rest get burned? Needless to say but I am back to the regular diet of lean organic meat and vegetables. It really does make you feel better.
cheers everyone
p.s. Do fat cells ever disappear or die off? or do they just shrink? Have read a lot of mixed views over this.