This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mikyewicz's little log

Started by Mikyewicz, July 23, 2012 · 15 Replies · 667 Views

Mikyewicz

Hello everyone,

finally, I decided to make my own little training log! :)

My current stats:

Height: 5' 10" (180cm)

Weight: 154.3lb (70kg)

Age: 18

I'm recovering from a several injuries at the moment (wrist pain, impingement shoulder, eye tendonism) so I'm in the beginning again. My workouts will be really simple for at least first month or so.

Before, i was able to hold one-leg BL (10sec), straddle FL (10sec), Tuck PL (10sec), full L-sit (20sec). 5 MU on rings, and only 1-2 proper HeSPU (my weakest part).

But my workout and everything else was really bad...

Here is how it will looks like from now on:

1. Warm-up

my favourite Yoga WarmUp

2. Prereqs

plank - 30s x 2

reverse plank - 30s x 2

arch hold - 30s x 2

hollow hold 20s x 4 (my priority)

support hold - 30s x 3 (feel strong in this one)

dead hang - 30s x 2 (this one feels really good)

inverted hangand - 30s x 2 (absolutely Magic on my shoulders and traps)

Wall HS facing wall - 30s x 2 (carefull with my wrists)

L-sit (tighly tucked) - 15s x 3 (I think L is really important)

3. Re-hab, mobility work etc...

External rotations with elastic band for shoulders 15-20x2 (slow/super slow tempo)

Wall extensions 10x2

Shrugs - PB support, inverted hang - 10x2 (slow/super slow tempo)

Kit Laughlin's grip strength (the work with the little rubber band is just so Awesome!)

Coach Sommer's wrist routine.

4. Full-body stretching focusing on opening shoulders, pike and pancake stretch, german hang stretch (standing, only stretching)

I'm going to do all of this 3 times a week for a first week and then i will add some super basic and easy FBE like - Ring Rows, Push ups focusing on perfect form 10 to 15 reps. And some hollow body rocks + HLL with bend knees.

I will increase the intensity to 4 times per week when i will feel ready and see how it goes.

I'm planning to record my progress on a lot of videos :) to check if my form is alright or not.

PS: English is not my mother language... so I'm really sorry for any Grammatical errors.

Mikyewicz

30.7.2012

WU - Yoga

FSP

1. plank 40s x 2

2. rev. plank 40x 2

3. arch hold 30s x 3

4. hollow hold 20s x 4

5. support 40s x 2

6. inv. hang 40s x 2

7. wall HS 30s x 2

8. dead hang 40s x 2

9. L-sit tuck 30s x 4

FBE

ring rows - 8reps x 4sets (tempo 212, rest 2min between sets)

push-ups upp. body elevated - 8reps x 4sets (tempo 212, rest 2min between sets)

HLL half - 10reps x 4sets (tempo 212, -||- )

Notes: After a light week I add some simple FBE exercises and improve my prereqs :)

Planks feel solid. Arch hold - upp body and arms are pretty low, i think it's because of my thoracic kyphosis and tight shoulders but it will improve over time. I'm still shaking like crazy in full hollow hold so i'm still using one-leg version.

Support hold feels really strong. Inv. hang same as support. Wall HS - due to my eye, wrists injury I'm really careful with this one but my shoulders are now much more open so my HS line is quite good! :) Dead hang feels strong but it really burns in my forearms :) L-sit tuck - really focusing on this one! Shaking like crazy :D

After FBEs I felt really great! I rested only for 30-60s before my injuries and it was different. Now it's much better :)

Rehab - Kit Laughlin wrist/grip strength, external rotations with rubber band X reps, 2 sets, slow tempo.

Mikyewicz

1.8.2012

WU - Yoga

FSP

1. plank 40s x 2

2. rev. plank 40x 2

3. arch hold 30s x 2

4. hollow hold 20s x 4

5. support 40s x 2

6. inv. hang 40s x 2

7. wall HS 30s x 2

8. dead hang 40s x 2

9. L-sit tuck 30s x 3

FBE

10min. (5sets) of rope climbing work (2min30sec rest between sets)

half HLL - (10reps x 3sets, 2min rest)

Windshields wipers supine (10reps x 2sets, 2min rest)

finish with: 2sets of Wall extensions, 2sets of Hip extensions.

Notes:

I'm really tired today :( I didn't want to do anything at all...

However rope climbing made this workout more interesting today :)

Hollow hold seems to be better and better as well as everything else.

HLL - felt burning more in my foreamrs/hands rather than core. I think i will try something like body levers next time.

Windshields wipers supine - quite easy i have to say. Perhaps I will try harder variation next time :)

Wall extensions - working haaaaaaard on those!

Evening: Full body stretch.

Mikyewicz

3.8.2012

Today... was a very bad day :(

Yesterday I practiced archery with my friend for a whole day.

I slept through most of the afternoon... Really sore and tired today.

So I only ran for 20min and did some easy Handstand practice (HS is slowly improving).

Finished with full-body stretching.

Mikyewicz

5.8.2012

WU - Yoga

FSP

1. plank 40s x 3

2. rev. plank 30x 3

3. arch hold 30s x 3

4. hollow hold 20s x 4

5. support 40s x 3

6. inv. hang 30s x 3

7. wall HS 30s x 3

8. dead hang 30s x 3

9. L-sit tuck 30s x 3

FBE

4 rounds (supersets)

8 Push ups - 8 upp. body elevated ; 8 regular floor ; 8 parallettes ; 8 parallettes

8 Ring rows - 8reps x 4sets feet on a floor

16 body levers (single leg - 8 right, 8 left leg)

Tempo was 213

Rest: 30 sec between exercises and 2min 30s between rounds.

finish with: 2sets of Wall extensions, 2sets of Hip extensions.

Evening: Full body stretch.

30min. of swimming

Notes:

Today was very warm :shock: I sweated like a pig...

I'm feeling really sleepy for a couple of days :? It's annoiyng! :(

Anyway... I read a little more in section "Getting Started" and found out that if I can't hold prereq. for a 60sec I should do 3 sets of this prereq :)

Planks - pretty solid. Except reverse plank, it's quite hard to push my hips really high. But it will imrpove over time.

Arch - still tough lifting my arms high.

Hollow - Single leg - quite solid :) Full hollow at 10sec i think... maybe I'm just conctracting too much?

Support - I believe I can hold it for 60sec. But I'll be doing like this for some time... just to be sure.

Inv. hang - solid and feels great.

HS belly to wall - just need a little more open shoulders to hit that hollow body shape. But I feel really stronger in HS :)

Dead Hang - forearms are burning! :D

Mikyewicz

7.8.2012

INCLUDING VIDEO! :)

WU - jumping jacks, basic joint rotations (dynamic stretching)

FSP

1. plank 40s x 3

2. rev. plank 30x 3

3. arch hold 30s x 3

4. hollow hold 20s x 4

5. support 40s x 3

6. inv. hang 30s x 3

7. HS against PB 30s x 3

8. dead hang 30s x 3

9. L-sit tuck 30s x 3

FBE

4 rounds (supersets)

6m rope climb

6 PB dips

10 Arch ups

Rest: 30 sec between exercises and 2min 30s between rounds.

Evening: Full body stretch.

Y6C3CkbwfJ0

Notes:

This was my first workout in a nature after the injuries.

Plank - oh my... my upper back looks too rounded :| perhaps I'm pushing that protraction too much... also I need to little more hollow my lower back.

Rev. Plank - pushing my but high like crazy... but still looks "broken" :|

Arch - damn those arms are low... it's really hard. Hope it will improve over time.

Hollow - legs are still quite high. But it's much much better than before.

Support - little more depression i think. But it feels good.

Inv. Hang - I'm leaning a little to the side. Must fix this.

HS - UGLY! :| It's different than doing it with belly against wall. Too much arching in the lower back.

Dead Hang - except that little pike in hips due to the distance from the ground... it looks good.

L-sit - dunno... looks good to me :|

dzejkej

I'm getting this message when I want to play that video:

This video contains content from SME, [Merlin] Ninja Tune Ltd and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Mikyewicz

It should be working now :)

Mikyewicz

9.8.2012

Due to my current illness no strength workouts for now :( ...

Only prehab and stretching.

Morning:

Yoga warm-up

Wall extensions 2sets 10reps

Hip extensions 2sets 10 reps

wrists routine

Shrugs - PB, Hanging.

Evening:

Yoga warm-up

Wall extensions 2sets 10reps

Hip extensions 2sets 10 reps

Full body stretching

Notes:

Wall extensions - limited ROM because my shoulders are quite tight. Also my upper-back is more curved than normal.

Hip extensions - limited ROM only in side extensions.

Mikyewicz

13.8.2012

Unfortunately, I'm still feeling sick :( But it's getting better.

WU - Yoga, dynamic stretching.

FSP

Plank 60s

rev. plank 60s

Hollow 25s

Arch 45s

PB support 60s

Inv. hang 60s

HS feet support. 60s

Dead hang 60s

Planche lean - 40s

FBE

6 rounds

PB dips 4

Pull-ups 4

Notes:

I tested the prereqs a little bit.

My straight arm strength seems to be stronger than bent arm.

Can't wait to workout properly again!

Mikyewicz

16.8.2012

WU - Yoga + some dynamic stretching

FSP

1. plank 40s x 3

2. rev. plank 30x 3

3. arch hold 30s x 3

4. hollow hold 20s x 4

5. support 40s x 3

6. inv. hang 30s x 3

7. HS against PB 30s x 3

8. dead hang 30s x 3

9. L-sit tuck 30s x 3

FBE

6 rounds

4 Muscle-up on a bar - one-arm transition, 2 on each hand.

Finish: 3x10 wall extensions (on a floor)

Notes:

Little improvements in Hollow and Arch Hold day by day :)

MU - reaaaally tough... but it's totally awesome i have to say! :D

Still feeling sick :?

Mikyewicz

18.8.2012

WU - Yoga; dynamic stretch.

FSP

1. plank 40s x 3

2. rev. plank 40x 3

3. arch hold 30s x 3

4. hollow hold 20s x 4

5. support 60s x 3

6. inv. hang 30s x 3

7. wall HS (HS cycle below)

8. dead hang 30s x 3

9. L-sit tuck 30s x 4

FBE

Leg lifts (upper arm support on PB) - 8reps x 3sets

Arch ups - 10reps x 3sets

WALL HS

30sec x 6sets

Finished with: Wall extensions - 10reps x 3sets

Notes:

I'm finally feeling good again :)

Finally full 20sec. hollow hold! :)

Arch hold - hard to hold my arms up :|

Wall HS - tough! really tought :shock:

Mikyewicz

School is coming!

Better workout plan needed.

School workout plan will be following:

Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri template.

WU - As usual, Yoga and dynamic stretching.

+ Pre-requisites:

1. plank

2. rev. plank

3. arch hold

4. hollow hold

5. support

6. inv. hang

7. wall HS

8. dead hang

9. L-sit tuck

(I will test my max holds perhaps 28 or 29.8.)

FSP

German hang (once i hit 60sec I'll move on to tuck BL)

Front lever tuck

(also, I'll test my max holds perhaps 28 or 29.8.)

Programming for FSP: Mon = GH ; Tue = FL ; W = relax ; Thu = GH ; Fri = GH

FBE

mastering progressions for basic pushing = Push-ups and Dips (then HeSPU, HSPU after some time)

mastering progressions for bacis pulling = Rows and Pull/chin-ups (then Inverted pulls, Curls)

Programming for FBE: Mon = horizontal push+pull ; Tue = vertical push+pull day ; Thu = horizontal push+pull ; Fri = vertical push+ pull.

template: 8rep x 5set (horizontal) ; 5x5 (vertical)

Tempo: usually 212 or sometimes Kipping motion (kipping Pull-ups etc...)

Mikyewicz

29.8. 2012

So I tested my max prerequisites holds today.

Results are following:

Plank - 1min 6sec

Rev. Plank - 1min 12sec

Hollow - 25sec (now finally with correct form)

Arch - 48sec

PB support - 1min 10sec

Inv. hang - 55sec

wall HS - 55sec (with hollow body)

Dead hang - 48 sec

L-sit tuck - 1min

German Hang - 50sec

Front Lever tuck - 40sec

I compared these max holds with holds from April and besides a few exceptions, It's actually worse now (for example Hollow max was 35sec) but It's because of the time I was recovering from my injuries... so yeah at least something.

After the testing I did:

4 rounds

5 pull-ups

5 PB dips

20sec L-sit tuck

Moderate tempo. Rest between rounds: 2min ; Rest between exercises: 30sec.

Mikyewicz

31.8.2012

WU - Yoga; dynamic stretch.

FSP

Pre-requisites as usual...

FBE

4 rounds

8 ring rows

8 push-ups

50 sit-ups (quite fast tempo)

rows and push-ups = moderate tempo (not fast, not slow)

Finished with: Wall extensions - 10reps x 3sets

Notes:

One of the worst days... I felt just like after a marathon run. Exhausted. Totally out of energi :(

Everything felt soo hard. Even a regular floor push ups :(

Damn my laziness. It's really hard start everything over again.

I must persevere!

Mikyewicz

1.9. 2012

WU - Yoga, dynamic stretching, elastic band shoulder routine.

FSP

Plank - 50sec x 3

Rev. Plank - 50sec x 3

Hollow - 16sec x 4

Arch - 25 x 3

PB support - 50sec x3

Inv. hang - 30sec x 3

wall HS - 30sec x 3

Dead hang - 30sec x 3

L-sit tuck - 30sec x3

German Hang - 25sec x 3

Front Lever tuck - 20sec x 3

FBE

4 rounds

6 dips

6 pull-ups

10 HLL (hanging HLL half - upper arm support, HLL half - bar)

Tempo: moderate (212)

Notes:

worked out in a rain today :)

Dips and pull-ups form imrpoving steadily!

FL and GH felt good today.