This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120723

Started by Coach Sommer, July 23, 2012 · 7 Replies · 1,957 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 FL Pulls

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Tempo Dip to Tuck PL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Undergrip HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier MPPu/MPPr variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling always adjust the difficulty of the FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 242 for the first and third FBEs. As such, for the Undergrip HLL the breakdown of the tempo will be a 2 second ascent, followed by a 4 second pause at the top, then a controlled 2 second descent.

6) Add weight as necessary to the any of the exercises to make them very challenging for the five repetitions.

7) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Lindahl

Hello Coach, first of all thanks for putting the time in and posting these WODs. I'm having a great time with them!

Am I correct in assuming the dip to tuck PL is performed as follows? : Standard ring dip variation of choice (preferrably the hardest variation you are currently able to perform with good form) followed by a press from ring support to tuck planche which is then held for about 3 sec before returning to ring support and starting the next dip, etc.

I searched the site and the book for this particular exercise without any luck and just wanted to make sure I am executing it correctly :)

Vincent Stoyas

I Lindahl,

Dip to tuck planche is performed like this. Start from support and then perform a dip, on your way up from a dip tuck your legs and end up in a tuck planche. Continue by lowering back through the dip and repeat. Hope that makes sense!

And don't be shy, if you have time to post what you did for the WOD then shove it up on these posts. it helps me and others who are trying to scale or find alternative to exercises. If nothing else, it helps form a community.

Good luck in your work!

Lindahl

That makes alot of sense, thanks alot, Vincearoo! Those were pretty brutal on the pecs and anterior deltoids :)

Josh Schmitter

3 sets each:

15s Tuck L-sit Hang + 5 Tempo Tuck HLL(5,3+2,3+2)

15s GH(foot assist) + 5 Standing Tempo Rows

15s Tuck L-sit + 5 Tempo Dip (feet in front assist)

10 BWW

Notes: Everything felt pretty good. Still not sure what to sub with the HLL as my forearms are still to weak. Also didn't try to do my wacky Plane of Motion subs(i.e. rows/pulls, dips/pushups for about half the reps/half the tempo). I'm hitting up the seminar in September so I will wait 'til I have more than 1/17 of a clue for subs in this realm.

Jon Douglas

I'm sick of not stepping up, so here's my plan o attack for Mon. Anyone else doing a week-behind want to join me in it?

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 FL Pulls

:arrow: MU to flat tuck BL, extend to full lay hold, pull to inverted hang + 5 FL Pulls (full lay)

(MuBL [aka The Mubble] is really weak for me, and I have trouble doing it past flat tuck. So let's correct that with some practise)

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Tempo Dip to Tuck PL

:arrow: L-sit MU to L-sit hold, l-sit press to shoulderstand, forward roll to l-hang + 5 tempo dip to tuck PL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Undergrip HLL

:arrow: L-hang leg raise to inverted hang, lower to extended flat tuck hold, pull up to inverted hang + 5 tempo undergrip HLL + 4kg on ankles

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

diotrephes

Hi all, quick question: would this workout be considered primarily a "core" workout or a "pulling" workout?

I recognize that my distinctions are very general, but I'm programming based upon these gymnastic wods (I also do MA).

My program is as follows:

Mon: Embedded Wods / Ring series wods (I alternate these -- these both seem in general, pulling/core based)

Tue: MA

Wed: Handstand wods (pushing based)

Thu: MA

Fri: Max leg strength wods / Plyometric wods (I also alternate these each week)

Sat: Ma

---

Is the above programming sound based upon the GYMNASTIC wods here?

Thanks and best of luck in the Olympics - my cousin will also be competing for the Honduras wrestling team (Brandon Escobar), hope you all root for him.. Jason

Vincent Stoyas

I'm right with you Charm, just many progressions behind you.

DEJhB1a06bE

**EDIT** Sorry for the poor video editing. Forgot to mute my breath out and rotate the Bl tuck.

Completed 3 sets of

1 Embedded BL tuck -> 5 XR Dips

1 Embedded L sit - > 5 FL Pulls

1 Negative FL Tuck - > 5 HLL

Finished with

2x5 BWW

3x5 Pike compression lifts

2x10 Tuck V Ups

*NOTES*

BL tuck is feeling stronger already, never noticed how crazy my elbows look in a Bl...haha

Man oh man was I doing L sit tuck wrong. I got up to like a good 30 second hold, but with rounded shoulders...I tried retracting and depressing them and boy did it greatly increase the difficulty. Time to regress back to L sit tucks.

FL pulls never got recorded, something happened with my phone. The first set was difficult, I wasn't sure how to do them. 2nd and 3rd set got better, but they didn't have much tempo. I tried to hold the FL tuck position for a few seconds before lowering down.

Fl tuck negatives are coming along. The videoed one looks like crap because for some reason I had the rings very close together. I pulled them apart another 6 inches or so and the lowering was much better. Although, I have like 0 strength in any of the degrees lower than 90. Gotta work on that, too.

Best the HLL have ever felt. Form is shotty, but it's improving nonetheless. My L sit is awful, my l hang and anything L related sucks. Some day I'll master them.