Front Lever new progression between adv. tuck and straddle

Started by Alex Solis, July 23, 2012 · 4 Replies · 4,301 Views

Alex Solis

Despite having a 30 sec flat (advanced) tuck FL I can't hold the straddle progression with retracted scapula. So I figured that tucking one leg while extending the other one made it A LOT easier to just retract that scapula and get that nice straight alignment needed for the FL. :D

I'm currently doing 8 sets of 8 secs alternating legs...

Do you guys think this is a good idea? I'm planning on getting to 20 seconds each leg and then start to gradually extend the other leg.

Thanks,

-Alex :wink:

Matth Challoner

Yes, this is exacly what I'm doing for fl and what I did for my bl.

Joshua Naterman

I did this too. Once I figured out how my legs were supposed to feel when straight, it was easy to do a proper straddle.

Alex Solis

Great! So I guess I'll keep on doing it in this fashion. Thank you guys!

Good luck with your workouts to you all! :D

RatioFitness

It makes me chuckle that you thought this was a new method. :lol: