This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Kyle's Workout Log

Started by Kyle Courville, July 22, 2012 · 2 Replies · 247 Views

Kyle Courville

Haven't posted in a long time, but I figured I would post my training notes weekly to get feedback.

Basic stature including measurements from when I was sized for a tux a few weeks ago(measurements are from memory and may be a little off, but I will update if I find my card with the measuremesnts):

+Age - 17 years old

+Bodyfat(wild guess) ~ 10-12%

+Height ~ 5'9"

+Weight ~ 145lbs

+Waist - 29 inches

+Hips ~ 34 inches

+Chest ~ 36

+Neck - 14.5 inches

+Overarm ~ 45 inches

Equipment I have to work with:

+Iron gym pull up bar

+Xtreme rings

+Climbing rope

+PVC parallettes

+Wooden blocks(stacked and used for extending ROM in HSPU)

+Weight set(new to me, need to play around with cuban presses and squats)

+Jump rope(great warm up and foot work)

+Elastic bands(pretty worn out)

Nutrition:

Mostly "paleo" with dairy(no conventional milk). I try to eat as clean and natural as possible. I have a hard time finding good clean meats, and I have even considered hunting to get wild game. I eat a lot of eggs, real cheeses, nuts, dark chocolate, beef, bacon, and sardines. I need to eat more veggies and less fruit. I also want to find a way to get raw milk. A big obstacle for me is cooking, but I am making steady progress. I take zinc, magnesium, fish oil, and whey supplements. I spend a good bit of money on food, but it's worth it to me. I eventually want to have a mini farm and produce the majority of my own food.

Training Philosophy:

+Keep things as simple and effective as possible.

+Low reps

+High intensity

+Good form

+Cycle between low volume/high frequency and high volume/low frequency

+Isolation work mainly for therapeutic purposes and to target weak links

+Stay fresh

+Have fun :wink:

Kyle Courville

Sunday 7-22-12

Warm Up

A1. Jump Rope 5min

A2. Wrist series

A3. Ido's Shoulder Routine

A4. Ido's Scapula Routine

Performed 1 set of A1-A4

Rest 2 minutes

Worksets

B1. Tuck Pl x 10sec; rest 10 sececonds

B2. XR PPP x 4 reps; rest 100 seconds

B3. Adv. Tuck FL x 10 sec; rest 10 seconds

B4. Tuck FL rows x 4 reps; rest 100 seconds

Performed 3 sets of B1-B4

Cool Down

C1. Ido's Scapula Routine

C2. Wall slides x 10

Performed 1 set of C1-C2

Post Workout

-Whey protein and half of a sweet potato

-Cold shower

Workout Notes

-Need to be more strict with form on Tuck FL rows.

-Need to implement tempos to maintain consistency from set to set and workout to workout.

-Thinking of adding more assistance work, but not sure.

-Adv. Tuck FL felt very solid, and Tuck Pl felt decent.

Kyle Courville

Monday 7-23-12

Warm Up

A1. Jump Rope 5min

A2. Wrist series

A3. Ido's Shoulder Routine

A4. Ido's Scapula Routine

Performed 1 set of A1-A4

Rest 2 minutes

Worksets

B1. Tuck BL x 10sec; rest 15 sececonds

B2. Assisted OAC x 4 reps; rest 120 seconds

B3. Bent Straddle L x 10 sec; rest 15 seconds

B4. HeSPU x 4 reps; rest 120 seconds

Performed 3 sets of B1-B4

Cool Down

C1. Ido's Scapula Routine

C2. Wall slides x 10

C3. Wrist Pushups x 10

C4. Dislocates and Inlocates x 10

Performed 1 set of C1-C4

Post Workout

-Breakfast consisting of eggs, greek yogurt, and some craisins(dried cranberries)

-Cold shower

Workout Notes

-I'm way to strong for the Tuck Bl but I can't control it. I need to practice it more like a skill.

-Need to implement tempos to maintain consistency from set to set and workout to workout.

-Need to focus on more scapula retraction in the OAC.