Elbow facing where during RTO

Started by seiyafan, July 21, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,117 Views

seiyafan

I don't know if it's the structure of my elbow, but they are almost facing the front when the rings are parallel, and when I turn out just a little bit elbow is already facing the front. If I turn even more elbow starts to face outside, is it normal?

Rik de Kort

You'll have to say which side is facing. I'm going to guess you're talking about the medial side, which is the 'inner' side. In that case: it's probably because when you turn the rings out, you supinate your forearms, rather than externally rotating the shoulders. I do not know which is correct, however.

Blairbob

If you turn the rings out, the "eye" or "hollow" of your elbow will face forward. If it starts facing out to the side, that probably means you have a LOT of natural elbow hyperextension going on.

Joshua Naterman

You probably don't have good control of wrist pronation/supination in combination with shoulder internal/external rotation.

Daniel Burnham

Do you have a video to look at?