Hey everyone, does the Superman hold which is done on Chinese Poles by cirque performers take an insane amount of strength to do? It appears to be done by squeezing one arm tightly towards the torso with the pole in between by the armpit and the body straight and diagonal. I'm guessing it only takes arm adduction strength and some core strength. I'm also not sure if you have to isometrically push downwards with your arms and if it's possible to do it with the body completely horizontal. I first learned about this static position in a youtube video about getting into the Cirque Du Soleil where the commentator says it takes near superhuman strength to pull this off.
This is the video and the Superman is shown and described at 16:05 - 16:28:
BLouxprAHtQ
So what kind of strength benefits or any other benefits will working up to or doing this skill/hold give?