Doing more reps after your work out.!!!

Started by Paleowarrior, July 20, 2012 · 6 Replies · 3,133 Views

Paleowarrior

HI

I have been following a killroy template for a few months now and have found my self adding in extra body weight sets because I enjoy doing more. would anyone be able to tell me what effect adding extra work in will have?

for example today I did

FSPs

5x5 hespu

5x5 pull ups

3 x 10 xr rows

3x 10 pike push ups.

what effect does this have on progress etc .??

Paleowarrior

Anyone?

thanks in advance :D

Rik de Kort

It gets a bit more volume. Could be handy in busting plateaus.

Matth Challoner

Or it could lead to overtraining if your not carefull.

Rik de Kort
Matth said:
Or it could lead to overtraining if your not carefull.

If your recovery is in check, I wouldn't worry about overtraining. That's hard work.

Blairbob

Looks just like some extra assistance work using easier progressions. Like the assistance exercises in 531.

Might help in getting swoller. Hypertrophic work in that 8-12 range.

Paleowarrior

Thanks guys.

That makes sense I did 531 for about 3 years back in the power lifting days so must be why the volume reals right to me. I feel fine with that amount of volume, Its been hard going from weight training were I used to aim to have the most intense soreness the next day, since I have been on BTGB for once have been injury free :) , so my main concern was over training. Thanks for the advise, I think i will continue with the extra sets. and see what happens.