STW HS, Chinups, Planche Lean, Rows [17-07-2012]

Started by Rik de Kort, July 18, 2012 · 4 Replies · 1,427 Views

Rik de Kort

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEr2lLqZ1dI

My thoughts:

HS looks alright. Maybe open a bit more in the shoulders, but I'd say my line is decent.

Chinups are okay. Last rep of last set isn't pretty, but that'll fix itself in time.

It looks like I have no idea what the hell I'm doing on the planche leans. Also, shitty camera angle, sorry about that.

Rows are okayish, except last rep of every set.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aaron Griffin

Error when viewing the video

Rik de Kort

Ah, yes, I copied the link incorrectly. It's fixed now.

Piotr Ochocki

Handstand, you could do with more open shoulders. Quite nice anyway.

Chinups - a lot of arch in the back, especially at the bottom, tried to do them in a hollow position (lower back flat)?, also you do the bar style (body swings forward, backward), when I do them on rings (I prefer this to a bar) I try to keep my movement vertical as much I can (not possible on bar) trying to keep shoulders back/retracted whole time - tried this way?.

Planche leans, maybe it is camera angle, but it looks like you are bending your middle back hard, but actually your shoulders are not protracted (but it could be camera angle as well).

Rik de Kort
piotro said:
Handstand, you could do with more open shoulders. Quite nice anyway.

Chinups - a lot of arch in the back, especially at the bottom, tried to do them in a hollow position (lower back flat)?, also you do the bar style (body swings forward, backward), when I do them on rings (I prefer this to a bar) I try to keep my movement vertical as much I can (not possible on bar) trying to keep shoulders back/retracted whole time - tried this way?.

Planche leans, maybe it is camera angle, but it looks like you are bending your middle back hard, but actually your shoulders are not protracted (but it could be camera angle as well).

Chinups - to be honest I couldn't care less about hollow body pullups at the moment; they're hard enough now as-is. It appears to be a pretty natural movement pattern.

Planche lean - I'm trying pretty damn hard to protract my shoulders.

EDIT: holy shit I have a lot of posts