This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The road to BJJ champion

Started by RatioFitness, July 15, 2012 · 5 Replies · 481 Views

RatioFitness

I'm currently injured but this is where I will post my training in preparation for winning either the Pan Am's or Master's world championships next year.

Here's my beginning progress pic. Don't laugh at me too much. :oops:

2jb89ae.jpg

Current weight 158.

Estimated body fat = 15%

My goal is to weigh 163lbs. with a drastically improved body composition. Probably minus 10lbs. fat and plus 15lbs. muscle, which would put me at an estimated 8% body fat. Nothing too crazy, and seems plausible.

dzejkej

Good luck!

And there is definitely nothing to laugh at 8) .

Joshua Naterman

That's a good starting point. 15% may be a bit on the high side with your estimate, 13% is probably more accurate but who knows... doesn't really matter. You're in good shape.

Nic Branson

I'm thinking 12-13 range from that image. The only reason I am saying as low as 12 is that I cannot see the rest for your level of muscular development. Might be you just need a bit more for it to show through there. It's just a number, fairly meaningless one at that. You have a sport goal, fine tune and train for it. Your body will reflect the effort.

RatioFitness

I would of guessed 13% too, but I had a DEXA scan when I weighed around 165-167 last year and it said I was 19%. I was flabbergasted, to say the least. So, now I err on the high side.

Joshua Naterman

True measures like DEXA are hard to quantify into our current perceptions of what is lean, so I try not to because it is very confusing.

There's always a few more lbs of intra-organ and intra-abdominal fat than a skin fold will ever tell you.